Why Do I Love Money?
As a continuation to yesterday’s post, For the Love Of Money… I am going to share with you my reasons for loving money, or what money meant to me in time past.
Then in subsequent posts, I will be sharing interviews gathered from other people on the subject, along with every other subtopics there is that relates money with youths, so stay tuned.
Back to the subject at hand! My top 10 reasons why I loved money in no particular order are:
- Money can buy things: That’s pretty obvious! It is the most common form of exchange of goods and services.
- It satisfies my needs
- I am comfortable
- It makes life easier
- I am respected and loved
- Money gets me friends: I.e I am surrounded with people.
- I can eat what I love anytime: Lol, this is actually my favorite part….food is important, we know right? We do!
- It makes me happy: I did a good explanation of that in yesterday’s post, For the love of money (link above).
- It makes me happy!
- With money, I can go anywhere!
Some were really shallow, you’ll agree with me, but at the time they made perfect sense. Presently though, I just stick with 1, 2, 3, 4 & 7, most especially 7, as my essential desire for money. Yes, having money makes me happy, but I have learnt over time and with meeting people, that happiness cannot be measured by material possession or anything external at all…
And with age, I have also learnt that money doesn’t get you friends and doesn’t get you love either….
Since we have established my love for money, I have some questions I would love answered:
- Is loving money carnal?
- How is money the root of all evil?
- What are your reasons for desiring money?
- Why are youths so drawn to money?
I would really love to hear your views on any of these. You can send your opinions to firstname.lastname@example.org or leave a comment at the comment box below or leave me a message on any of my social media accounts: